- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound wax or green beans, trimmed
- 2 large leeks, white and pale-green parts only, halved, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- Whisk buttermilk, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a colander set in a bowl of ice water; drain.
- Place beans in a large bowl.
- Return water in pot to a boil and cook leeks until just tender, about 3 minutes; drain.
- Transfer to colander in ice water; drain and add to bowl with beans.
- Add cherry tomatoes and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve salad over heirloom tomato slices drizzled with buttermilk dressing and topped with mint and chives
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market