- 6-8 pieces of bacon
- 5 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons bacon fat (rendered from cooking bacon)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place strips of bacon on a foil lined baking sheet
- Cook bacon for 20 minutes. Bacon should still be slightly soft (not crispy) when you pull it out of the oven.
- Remove from baking sheet to cool on a paper towel lined plate.
- Chop bacon into small pieces once cooled. Place the rendered bacon fat in a large bowl.
- Add the cubed butternut squash, pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt to the large bowl with the bacon fat.
- Mix together to coat the squash well. Add pieces of bacon to the mixture and mix well.
- Add mixture to a 9×11 glass baking dish.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Place dish in the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes (depending on size of cubed butternut squash) or until squash is soft
- Serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market