- 1 16 ounce package peanut butter sandwich cookies, divided (GF use Pamelas GF Peanut Butter Cookies)
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 8-ounce container Cool Whip, divided
- 1 3.9 ounce package chocolate Jello-O Pudding Mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate & peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender or food processor, finely crush 24 of the cookies.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter and finely crushed cookies until well moistened.
- Press into an ungreased 8 X 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow crust to cool completely before proceeding.
- In the meantime, mix the package of pudding with the 1 1/2 cups of milk in a small bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and peanut butter together.
- Fold in 1 cup of the Cool Whip and mix until well blended.
- Spread the chocolate pudding over the cooled crust.
- Place dollops of cream cheese mixture over the pudding layer and with an offset spatula, gently spread to completely cover.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over the cream cheese.
- Refrigerate two hours.
- In a plastic bag, break up the 8 remaining cookies.
- Sprinkle the cookies and chocolate / peanut butter chips over the top just before serving.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market