- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 tbls fish sauce
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, tender white inside part only, minced
- 3-4 tbls chopped cilantro
- 1 tbls chopped mint
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- few grinds of fresh black pepper
- granulated sugar for rolling the meatballs, about 1/4 cup
- Mix the chicken with rest of the ingredients except for the sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix together thoroughly but gently because if you overwork the meat, your meatballs will be tough.
- Using slightly damp hands, roll the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs, put on a plate and let them sit in the fridge for half an hour or so - I found the mixture a bit wet but it set up perfectly after a rest in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Take the meatballs out of the fridge and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll each meatball lightly in the sugar and place on the parchment.
- Bake the meatballs in the center of the oven for 15 minutes, giving the pan a shake a few times to make sure you get even browning.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market