- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 garlic clove finely grated
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Kosher Salt and pepper
- 2 large leeks, white and pale green parts only, halved lengthwise with some root attached
- 2 large zucchini (about 1 lb.) halved lengthwise
- ½ cup (lightly packed) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Toast walnuts in a dry small skillet over medium heat, tossing often, until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Chop very coarsely.
- Toss warm walnuts with garlic, lemon juice, and 3 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush leeks and zucchini with remaining 2 tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables, turning often, until tender and charred in spots. 5-8 minutes for leeks, 8-10 minutes for zucchini.
- Transfer vegetables to a cutting board.
- Trim roots from leeks and cut leeks and zucchini into bite-sized pieces.
- Add vegetables and parsley to a bowl with walnuts and toss to combine; season vegetables with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market