- 2 cups rolled oats(GF use Bobs Red Mill)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 200g (8 oz.) dark chocolate, roughly chopped and divided into two portions
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter or spray a 13x9 pan and line with parchment paper, so that paper extends over the long side of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir until evenly combined.
- Add melted butter and stir with a wooden spoon (or use your hands if the butter is cool enough) until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside 2 cups of oat mixture.
- Press remaining oat mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Put half (100g) of the dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 15 second intervals until just melted.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate-condensed milk mixture over the cooked crust.
- Add the remaining dark chocolate (100g) and raspberries to the uncooked oat mixture.
- Sprinkle over the top of the bars.
- Bake until golden brown, 28-30 minutes.
- Cool completely and refrigerate before cutting into squares.
- The chocolate layer in these bars turns extra creamy at room temperature, so it's a good idea to refrigerate these before cutting them into bars.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market