- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- Pinch red chili flakes
- 2 400g (14oz) tins of chickpeas
- 4 spring onions (scallions), green part only, chopped
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Juice of one lemon
- 150g (5 ounces) feta
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook the red onion till lightly golden.
- Add garlic and chili and cook till the garlic is fragrant.
- Set aside to cool so it doesnt melt the feta when you mix it in.
- Drain the chickpeas, rinse and place in the salad bowl.
- Add crumbled feta, spring onion, parsley and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooled onion and garlic mixture and remaining oil and mix well.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market