- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients on box (GF use Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix)
- 1 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Bake cake according to directions on box for a 9x13 pan.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Poke holes all over the top of the cake. (I used a straw)
- Reserve half a cup of sweetened condensed milk and pour the rest of the sweetened condensed milk over the cake.
- Put cake in refrigerator for about an hour to absorb milk.
- Combine ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract in a mixer bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and cinnamon, if using and mix until combined.
- Add reserved sweetened condensed milk and mix until combined.
- Once cake has absorbed milk, spread cannoli topping evenly over cake.
- Top with mini chocolate chips and a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
- Cover cake and allow to set in refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Cake should keep for 4-5 days
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market