- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Italian Sausage (pre-cooked), chopped (You can also sub kielbasa)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) rotini (GF use GF pasta)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 can Rotel - including juices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake *If you don't like things too spicy, eliminate this
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1. Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2. Saute onions and Italian Chicken Sausage (pre-cooked) for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and the casing on the sausage is starting to crisp up a bit.
- 3. To the pan add garlic and cook for another minute, until fragrant.
- 4. To the pan add in chopped spinach, chicken stock, heavy cream, can of Ro*Tel,salt, black pepper, red pepper flake, and rotini.
- 5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and continue cooking for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6. When the pasta is just about tender, stir in half the cheese, then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the pan. Cover for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- 7. Top with chopped green onions and serve immediately.
- 8. Serves 4-6
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market