- * 4 cups all-purpose flour
- * 3/4 cup sugar
- * pinch of salt
- * 1 egg
- * 1 glass of warm milk
- * 2 tbsp dry yeast
- * 4 tbsp melted butter
- * 3 cups fresh blueberries
- * 1/2 cup sugar
- * 4 tbsp cold butter
- * 4 tbsp sugar
- * 8 tbsp flour
- * 1 egg, beaten
- Mix warm milk with yeast and 1 tbsp of sugar, stir together and let it stand for 5-6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, sift flour together with sugar, salt. Add egg, melted butter, and milk and mix together to form a dough. Kneed the dough until smooth, but still a little bit sticky.
- Transfer the dough into a greased bowl,cover with a kitchen towel, and let it in a warm place until it doubles in size (about 1 hour).
- Remove the dough from the bowl and divide into 16 equal pieces.
- To make filling: combine blueberries with sugar and mix until coated.
- Gently roll each portion of the dough, place a tablespoon of the filling in the middle of the dough, and stick the sides together (make sure you seal it completely).
- Place them on a cookies sheet (seam down), cover with a kitchen towel and let them double in size (about 45 minutes).
- To make topping: combine butter, flour, and sugar in a food processor. Pulse until crumbs form.
- Brush the top of the buns with beaten egg, sprinkle with crumbly topping and bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market