- 6-7 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 C light sour cream
- 1 C crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 C fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Slice the squash into 1/4? slices. If they are larger squash, cut them down the middle before slicing.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the squash, garlic and thyme.
- Saute and stir just until the squash is starting to soften slightly.
- Dont cook too long or it will be mushy after it bakes in the oven.
- Remove from the heat.
- Beat together the eggs, sour cream, cheeses and lemon juice in a medium sized bowl.
- Place half of the squash into the bottom of the casserole. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper (remember the cheeses are salty!) then spread 1/2 of the egg mixture over the top.
- Repeat with remaining squash and egg mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the mixture is bubbling and slightly set. Serve hot.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market