- For dressing:
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- 1 tsp shallot, finely minced
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- For salad:
- 2-3 c thinly sliced kale (approx 1/2 a bunch)
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, finely shredded using a mandolin or sharp knife
- 3-4 slices turkey bacon, baked and chopped
- 1/4 c roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 c Pecorino cheese, finely grated
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix. (Alternatively, I sometimes throw everything in a mini food processor and let it do the chopping.)
- Add in olive oil, whisking (or processing) until combined.
- Mix sliced kale and shaved brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Throw in bacon, almonds, and cheese.
- Pour dressing over the top and toss salad until all ingredients are distributed throughout.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market