- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet and hot Italian sausage-casings removed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 8 burger buns, split and toasted
- Mayonnaise, coleslaw and pickles
- 1. In a bowl, combine the ground pork with the sausage meat and form into eight 4-inch patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the honey, Sriracha and both mustards and bring to a boil. Simmer until a slightly glossy sauce forms, 3 minutes; reserve half in a bowl for serving.
- 3. Light a grill and oil the grates. Grill the burgers over moderately high heat for 5 minutes, turning once, until lightly charred and barely cooked through; brush with the sauce and grill, turning and brushing, until cooked through and glazed, about 5 minutes longer.
- 4. Spread the bottom buns with mayonnaise and top with the burgers. Spoon a little of the reserved sauce on top, followed by coleslaw and pickles. Close the burgers and serve.
- Make Ahead
- The uncooked sausage burgers can be refrigerated overnight. The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market