- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (GF use Domata)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur (GF Use 1 tsp Almond Extract, 2 tbsp Orange Juice) 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons Prosecco
- Confectioners sugar, for dusting
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Butter a deep, 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the ricotta, 1 1/2 sticks of butter and 1 1/2 cups of the sugar at medium-high speed until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until just incorporated, then beat in the amaretto, vanilla and orange zest.
- Beat in the dry ingredients in 3 batches just until incorporated.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs.
- Transfer to a rack to cool for 20 minutes; unmold and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the Prosecco and remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and let stand at room temperature until juicy, about 30 minutes.
- 4.Dust the pound cake with confectioners' sugar. Cut into wedges and serve with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Make Ahead The cake can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market