- 1 pound snow peasstrings removed, peas sliced on the diagonal 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces thickly sliced pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, torn
- 2 ounces shaved Pecorino Sardo cheese
- Soak the snow peas in ice water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the pancetta and cook over moderate heat until lightly browned and the fat has rendered, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the snow peas and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil with the lemon juice and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the snow peas, pancetta, onion and half of the mint and season with salt and pepper; toss well.
- Garnish with the remaining mint, shave the pecorino on top and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market