- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds), quartered and backbone removed, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (from 1 small clove)
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Rub chicken with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange, skin-side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until golden and a thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast (without touching bone) registers 160 degrees, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Pour off and discard fat from baking sheet; return chicken to sheet.
- Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, parsley, garlic, and pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Season with salt. Spoon sauce over chicken and let stand 10 minutes before serving with accumulated pan juices and sauce
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market