- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, trimmed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice (not syrup)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbl apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbl low sodium soy sauce (GF use Lachoy)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbl cornstarch
- 1 Tbl water
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450F, middle rack.
- 2. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking pan.
- 3. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Place the chicken in the pan, not overlapping.
- 5. Drain the pineapple chunks, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- 6. Whisk the pineapple juice, honey, ginger, vinegar, and soy sauce together in a medium-sauce pan.
- 7. Place over medium heat and simmer, whisking often until its thickened slightly. ~about 8 minutes.
- 8. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water in a small bowl, then whisk into the pineapple honey sauce.
- 9. Place the pineapple chunks over top of the chicken
- 10. Pour the pineapple honey sauce over the chicken, and then sprinkle with the almonds.
- 11. Bake for 15-22 minutes or until the chicken registers 165F.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market