- 1 baked pie pastry ( to fit in a 9-inch pie plate)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar ( confectioners)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipped ( measure 3/4 cup already whipped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and pinch of salt.
- 2. Stir in water, lemon juice, lemon rind and yellow food colouring (if using) bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook, and stir for 2 minutes, or until smooth and thickened.
- 3. Remove from heat; stir in butter; cool to room temperature for about 1 hour.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and the powdered sugar until smooth.
- 5. Fold in the whipped cream and the 1 Tbsp lemon juice.
- 6. Remove 1/2 cup of the whipped cream/lemon mixture for the garnish.
- 7. Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture into the baked pastry shell.
- 8. Top with the cooled lemon filling.
- 9. Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
- 10. When ready to serve, scoop the reserved 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag with a star tip.
- 11. Pipe stars onto the pie, or garnish with the reserved cream cheese mixture or as desired.
- 12. Refrigerate until ready to serve-- delicious!
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market