- for the salad:
- 1 head napa cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- for the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine the cabbages, carrots, snow peas, avocado and half the herbs in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl, adding more water to thin if necessary.
- Toss the cabbage mixture with the peanut sauce and top with the reserved herbs, cashews and sesame seeds.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market