- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1/2 can cooked condensed milk
- 1/2 stick butter- room temperature
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts- crushed
- 3/4 cup melting chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray with cooking spray 9 round non-stick baking pan. Line the bottom with a circle of parchment (baking) paper (cut to fit). Set aside.
- In separate bowl sift flour and set aside.
- With electric mixer on medium- high speed beat the eggs for 2-3 minutes. Gradually add sugar and honey; and beat for about 7 minutes. Carefully add 1/3 of the flour and with rubber spatula fold in slowly so the batter stays fluffy. Continue until you finish adding the flour and it will get well incorporated. Make sure to NOT over fold it.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake until it gets golden brown for about 25-30 minutes. Check if the cake is ready with a tooth pick, if nothing sticks to it, it is done. Remove cake from the oven. Run a thin knife around the inside of the pan to loosen the cake; Place the cake on rack and let cool.
- Cut the cake horizontally half.
- Beat together cooked condensed milk, butter and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Apply entire condensed milk mixture on first layer of the cake.
- Cover with top layer. Melt chocolate and pour over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market