- ? 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- ? 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ? 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ? 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ? ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ? black pepper to taste
- ? 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ? 2 cucumbers, very finely sliced (see photos)
- ? 4 tablespoons minced cilantro, to taste
- 1. Dice the jalapeno and garlic and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- 2. Add 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Use a whisk to incorporate the 3 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
- 3. Finely slice the cucumbers. Use a mandolin if you have it, but a very sharp knife will do the trick. (See photos below.) Add the cucumbers to the dressing and stir together.
- 4. Finely mince the cilantro and add it to the bowl. Stir to combine. You can either let it sit in the fridge to marinate for a couple hours, or serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market