- About 6 cups of washed baby greens like arugula and baby spinach, torn into bite-sized pieces
- About 1/2 cup of fresh herbs - lemon thyme, lemon verbena, Thai basil, and Italian parsley - chopped
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or spring garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh scallions
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 4 ounces good goat cheese
- Meyer Lemon and Honey Vinaigrette
- 1 Meyer lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shake or whisk until completely emulsified. Taste and adjust sweetening or oil. Toss with the salad greens and serve immediately.
- Toss the greens, chopped herbs, lemon zest, and chives and scallions with the almonds. Add the vinaigrette. Divide the salad among four salad plates. Top each salad with a lump of cheese and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market