- crust ingredients:
- 3/4 cup unsalted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- filling ingredients:
- 7 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large lemon
- 2 cuties clementines
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- to make the crust, place the nuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until they are finely ground. add the flour and powdered sugar, and pulse until combined.
- cut the butter into small cubes and evenly distribute it on top of the mixture, then pulse until the butter is incorporated. while the food processor is running, drizzle the water into the mixture. remove the dough from the bowl of the food processor.
- firmly press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom.
- bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. remove the crust from the oven and allow it to cool slightly on a wire cooling rack.
- to make the filling, in a medium sauce pan, whisk together the egg yolks and eggs. set aside.
- zest and juice the lemon and the clementines. you should have approximately 1/2 cup of citrus zest and 2/3 cup of citrus juice.
- finely chop the citrus zest and combine it in a separate bowl with the granulated sugar. rub the citrus zest and the sugar together to release the oils in the zest. add the sugar, zest, and juice to the sauce pan with the eggs.
- whisk well until combined. add the butter and cook the filling over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the filling thickens slightly and reaches 170 degrees F (about 5 minutes). remove the filling from the heat and pour it through a fine-mesh strainer into a glass bowl. stir in the heavy cream.
- pour the filling into the tart shell. place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake until the filling is shiny and opaque (about 10-15 minutes). the center will jiggle slightly when shaken.
- remove the tart from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a wire cooling rack. once the tart has cooled completely, refrigerate it until ready to serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market