- 6 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 bratwurst buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan combine bratwurst and apple juice; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes, rearranging once until sausage reach 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- 2. Meanwhile, for Cucumber-Blueberry Slaw, in a medium bowl combine cabbage, cucumber, blueberries, and green onion. In a small bowl stir together buttermilk, mayonnaise, parsley, dill, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add buttermilk mixture to cabbage mixture; toss gently to coat.
- 3. For a charcoal or gas grill, place bratwurst on grill rack directly over medium heat. Grill 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage is browned, turning occasionally.
- 4. Serve bratwurst in toasted buns. Top with slaw.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market