- 1 Flat Cut Corned Beef Brisket (3-4lbs)
- Prepare according to package
- (for this recipe I prefer to not include the spice packet but its up to you.)
- 1 cup of orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- To make sauce:
- In small pan, simmer orange juice, zest, brown sugar, and corn starch.
- Get the mixture bubbling.
- Stir continuously to avoid sticking, burning or overflowing.
- Once the sauce is reduced to a syrup like consistency, remove from heat, add butter and stir/whisk till melted and combined.
- Note: Prepare the sauce just before the brisket comes out of the boiling water.
- Final stage:
- Remove brisket from water, trim excess fat and place into foil lined 13×9 glass bakeware or cookie sheet.
- Glaze with the sauce (reserve a little to top off your meat and traditional boiled vegetables if you like)
- Finish by baking in the oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes until the glaze forms a nice crust. Let rest for 10-15 minutes and slice (against the grain).
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market