- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use); set
- caps aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil
- until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, bread
- crumbs, 1/2 cup cheese and seafood seasoning.
- Gently stir in crab and onion.
- Spoon 1/2 cup crab mixture into each mushroom cap; drizzle with
- remaining oil.
- Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are
- Yield: 6 servings.