- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 mint sprigs
- 3 basil sprigs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat, whisking until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 25 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice, mint, and basil; let stand 5 minutes. Strain into a measuring cup; discard solids. Keep sauce warm.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle fish evenly with pepper and salt.
- Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve fish with sauce.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market