- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup whole or 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 4 salmon filets (5-6 oz each)
- 1. Place the whole or slivered almonds into a storage bag and crush them. Kids are quite useful and happy to assist in this step.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the preserves, soy sauce, garlic, salt & pepper and almonds.
- 3. Place the salmon in the bag and toss gently. Lie flat in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- 4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and place the salmon
- filets flat in the dish. Set the marinade aside. Bake the fish for 20 minutes or so until cooked.
- 5. Remove the salmon from the oven and place on a platter. Pour the marinade from the storage bag into a small saucepan, bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over the salmon and enjoy.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market