- 2 lb. Skate, skinned and cartilage removed
- ½ c butter, divided in half
- Lemon zest, from one lemon reserve juice
- ¼ c capers, drained
- ¼ c dry vermouth
- ½ c dry white wines (chardonnay)
- ½ c tomato, diced
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- Heat large skillet over med. High heat.
- Season skate with sea salt and pepper. When pan is hot add half the butter, wait until butter has stopped bubbling, then add your skate wing. Sautee for 2 minutes, top wing with lemon zest, and capers. Add vermouth flame off turn skate over cook 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze pan with wine and add remaining butter.
- Serve with roasted sweet potato.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market