- ½ dozen jumbo dry sea scallops
- 2 lg. tomatoes, diced
- ½ lb. fresh asparagus cut into 6th.
- ¼ c sliced scallions
- ½ c butter, divided in half
- ½ tsp. saffron threads
- 1 tsp. dried lemon grass
- ½ c dry white wines (chardonnay)
- Pint of butter milk
- Place scallops in butter milk and let sit for at least 1 hour.
- Heat large skillet over med. High heat. Add half the butter when pan is hot. Wait until butter stops bubbling, and then add scallops.
- Cook for 1 ½ minutes or until first side is browned, then turn scallop over and cook second side about 2 minutes.
- In the mean time after you have flipped the scallop add asparagus and saffron and lemon grass. Cook for 30 seconds, add tomatos, scallions and white wine. Deglaze pan and add remaining butter. Stir until melted and serve over rice.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market