- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (GF useDomata)
- 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- about 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- 3. Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don't scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- 4. Add the flour and stir until just combined, don't overmix.
- 5. Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- 6. Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- 7. Evenly add and swirl the Nutella. To create the marbled pattern shown, drizzle Nutella over batter in 5 wide, evenly spaced, parallel lines, each spanning the length of the pan. Like 5 rows of long train tracks. Rotate pan 90-degrees. With a toothpick, starting at the top of the pan, "draw" 4 or 5 evenly spaced lines through the Nutella. You're dragging the toothpick perpendicularly through the first set of lines to create the marbling.
- 8. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market