- 1/2 cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 leek leaves(the green part)
- 1 red jalapeno, seeds and veins removed( you can substitute it with a sweet red pepper)
- salt to taste
- 2-3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds( you can toast them if you like)
- a pinch of sugar(optional)
- * variation...you can add a bit of sesame oil and sesame seeds, use rice wine vinegar.... You can also substitute the leek with green onion.
- Julienne the cabbage, leeks and pepper.
- 2. Mix together with hands so that the cabbage softens a bit...do this for about a minute or so. The more you mix, the softer the cabbage.
- 3. Add oil, vinegar and salt....pepper if you like.
- 4. Taste and adjust seasoning. I find the cabbage tends to ask for a bit more vinegar than normal salads.
- 5. Mix in almonds.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market