- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp oil
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp soy sauce(GF use LaChoy)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- pinch cayenne
- 1 small fresh hot chili, such as Thai or Serrano, minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh limes, cut into wedges
- 1. Mix all remaining ingredients except fresh cilantro and limes.
- 2. Add chicken and marinade to a large bowl or ziploc bag and chill in the refrigerator for up to two hours.
- 3. Your chicken doesnt take long to cook so you can use this time to get your dishes prepped and ready.
- 4. Once you are ready to cook the chicken, remove each breast from the marinade.
- 5. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Boil continuously for at least 2 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesnt burn.
- 6. In a heavy skillet or grill pan, heat a splash of oil over high heat.
- 7. Cook the chicken in batches to prevent over crowding the pan.
- 8. Place the breasts in the hot pan and cook without turning for a couple minutes
- 9. Flip the breasts over and cook until the other side is golden, it shouldnt take long depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- 10. Place cooked breasts on a plate in a warm oven or under foil while cooking the remaining chicken.
- 11. Sprinkle with fresh lime juice and cilantro. Serve with sauce on the side.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market