- o 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- o 1 1/4 cups fine cornmeal (GF use GF cornmeal)
- o 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- o 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- o 3/4 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- o 1 cup granulated sugar
- o 2 large eggs
- o 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- o 2 tablespoons finely grated grapefruit zest (from 2 small grapefruits)
- o 11 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- o Fine sanding sugar, for sprinkling
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat butter with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add granulated sugar and beat until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Then beat in coconut, grapefruit zest, and 5 ounces chocolate until evenly distributed.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough, spaced 1 inch apart, on parchment-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with sanding sugar. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheets set on wire racks.
- Melt remaining chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Dip bottoms of cooled cookies in melted chocolate, scrape off excess against rim of bowl, and set on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market