- Leaves and stalks from 1 bunch broccoli (about 3 stalks), cut into batons
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- Place the broccoli batons flat on a cutting board, then use a sharp vegetable peeler to shave the broccoli into paper-thin strips.
- Place the shaved broccoli and leaves in a medium bowl and toss with the olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Gently fold in the cheese and serve immediately.
- Prep Tip: To make broccoli batons, first remove the stalks at the base of the florets, then trim the tough ends. Cut the stalks into batons by removing the thick, tough outer layer, using four long cuts with a chef's knife.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market