- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon lime soda
- 2-3 T minced garlic
- 2 T soy sauce (GF use La Choy)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 T cornstarch
- 2 T water
- Steamed rice
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place chicken slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray. Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker and pour remaining sauce into saucepan (I poured mine through a fine mesh strainer first). Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
- Serve chicken over rice or noodles and top with glaze. Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market