- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- 1 ½ cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 ½ cups flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 ½ cups cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup espresso or strong coffee
- 3/4 cup milk buttermilk
- Coffee Glaze
- 2 T espresso or strong coffee
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 T heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl of a standing mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat until well combined. Add zucchini and coconut; mix together, making sure to scrape sides of bowl down.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to the batter and combine partially. Add the buttermilk and coffee and then mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Generously grease a bundt pan (I used cooking spray) and transfer the batter to cake pan. Then set cake pan on a sheet pan. Place in the oven and bake the cake for about 50 minutes, or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in bundt pan, about an hour before turning out onto a cakeplate.
- To make the glaze:
- Whisk coffee, powdered sugar and cream together until smooth. Drizzle over top of cooled cake.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market