- 1¼ cups canned chickpeas, rinsed; patted dry
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter or almond butter - room temperature
- ¼ cup honey, agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn't have salt in it
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in a food processor; process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape sides; scrape top to get little chunks of chickpeas; process again until combined.
- Add chocolate chips; stir if you can or pulse it once or twice. Mixture will be very thick and sticky.
- With wet hands, form into 1½" balls. Place onto parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don't do much rising.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Dough balls will still be very soft when you take them out of oven. They will not set like normal cookies.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature (or fridge) for up to 1 week.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market