- 1/2 large head of kale (about 4-6 cups)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped carrot (2 small carrots)
- 1 English cucumber (2 cups chopped halves)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 & 1/4 cup chopped grape tomatoes (or other variety)
- 1/2 cup mixed raisins and Goji berries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Dressing: 1 batch of Lightened Up tahini-Lemon Dressing*
- Your desired fresh or dried herbs
- Chop vegetables and mix in a large mixing bowl. Reserve walnuts for sprinkling on top.
- Make your Lightened Up tahini-Lemon Dressing in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Tear the leaves off of the kale and rip into bite-sized pieces. Wash and dry kale leaves.
- Mix the vegetables, kale leaves, and full batch of dressing (3/4-1 cup) in large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Place in fridge to marinate for 10-15 minutes. Serves 4. Keeps in fridge in a sealed container for 1 day.
- *Tahini Lemon Garlic Salad Dressing
- This salad dressing is creamy and thick with a sharp, peppery quality. It is my new favourite! Use it on salad or even as a delicious dip for vegetables.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Directions: In a food processor, process all ingredients until smooth. Makes about 1.5 cups.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market