- 3/4 C butter, salted
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 C flour (GF use Domata)
- 3/4 C almonds
- 1 TBSP sugar
- In mixing bowl beat butter for 2 minutes until creamy. Add in 1 1/2 C sugar and beat for four minutes until fluffy. Add in eggs and extract. Beat on high until combined.
- Add flour and beat until combined. Batter will be thick. Line bottom of 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper (trace around the pan onto parchment and cut out circle) Lightly spray the pan. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with almonds and 1 Tbsp sugar mixed together.
- Sprinkle with sugar and almond mixture and bake at 350 for 35 minutes and then cover with foil and bake 5-7 more minutes so that center is set.
- Top will be be light brown and crispy on edge. Cool completely before slicing and serving. It will be slightly gooey in the middle until cooled.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market