- 1 (18 oz.) box white cake mix (GF Use Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix)
- ingredients needed to make cake (egg whites, oil & water)
- 1 (15 oz.) can Cream of Coconut
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8 oz) package sweetened flaked coconut
- Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package directions for a 9x13 pan. Remove cake from oven, and while still hot, poke holes all over the top of cake using a large fork.
- Open can of Cream of Coconut (making sure to stir it first) and pour over warm cake.
- Make sure you evenly coat the whole cake and spread it around so it will soak in.
- Let cake cool completely then frost with whipped topping. Then top with flaked coconut. If you like you can toast your coconut first.
- Keep cake refrigerated. I think this cake tastes best after it has cooled for at least a couple of hours. It gives it time for the coconut flavors to really soak in.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market