- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups of regular eggnog (not low fat)
- 2 tsp Spiced Rum
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter @ room temperature
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 (3.4 ounces of powdered) package of instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Rum glaze:
- 1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp eggnog
- 2 tbl Spiced Rum
- 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray your loaf, muffin etc. pan with non stick spray with flour.
- In your mixer using the paddle mix together the eggs, eggnog, rum, sugar, vanilla and butter. The butter will remain clumpy but that is just fine. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add the dry mixture to the wet and blend until incorporated. Avoid over mixing. Again, the butter will remain clumpy and this is to be expected. The butter will melt when cooking. The dough will be thicker be aware. Pour into your prepared choice of pan(s). Bake your mini loaves for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. A regular loaf pan will take about 45-55 minutes.
- Whisk together and pour over your cooled eggnog bread.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market