Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 ½ lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes, unpeeled & washed
- 4 0z Boar's Head Pancetta, sliced
- ¼ cup Shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ Stick Unsalted Butter
- 1/8 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- ½ cup Chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup Boar's Head Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice Potatoes into ¼ thick ovals (leave skins intact) and place into boiling water. Cook potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and set aside.
- Pancetta into small pieces. Sauté Pancetta in butter over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add Shallots and Garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add Flour and mix with a wire whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add Heavy Cream. Salt and Pepper and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and fold in Chives and Cheese.
- Spray the inside of a medium size roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cover the bottom of the pan with a layer of potatoes. Place 1/3 of the sauce mix over potatoes. Repeat this procedure three times ending with sauce mix as the final top layer.
- Cover with foil and cook in oven for 30 minutes.
- Increase temperature to 375 degrees and cook uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market