Makes 4 servings
- Canola oil for frying
- 4 8-ounce tuna steaks, 1 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove Florida garlic, peeled and chopped
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and crushed black peppercorns. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat; add garlic and brown. Add tuna steaks and sear to desired doneness.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side for rare center; 3 to 5 minutes each side for medium center; 5 to 8 minutes each side for well-done center.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market