- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 14 oz. butter
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¾ oz. salt
- Wash the potatoes with the skins on. Leaving them whole, place them in a large pot and fill cold water, covering them over with 1 inch of water. Add salt and cook the potatoes for 25 to 30 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain and quickly peel the potatoes while they are still warm. Once they are peeled, pass them through a ricer. Add half of the butter and stir until completely incorporated. Using a fine metal sifter, pass the potato puree once more to create a smooth texture.
- Place the potato puree in a pot and add the remaining butter. Over low heat, add the milk slowly, continuously mixing. Finish, by adding a pinch of salt for flavor.
- To serve, simply place on a plate as a side dish with your favorite meat and vegetables.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market