- Empanada pastry dough*
- 1 lb Sweet ground pork sausage
- 1Äî2 cups Apples, diced, cored, and peeled*
- 1/4 cup Golden raisins
- 1 Egg, beaten*
- Sauté pork sausage lightly in a little butter until cooked through and crumbled. Let cool.
- Mix sausage, apples, raisins, and egg thoroughly. Roll out dough and cut into 4 to 6 inch circles. Fill each circle with filling, fold over and seal. Bake at 400º for 20 minutes (or until lightly browned.)
- *Pie dough with added cream cheese works fine or see empanada dough recipe.
- *May use fresh or dried apples or a mixtureÄîwe use fresh Haralred.
- *Brushing the empanadas with beaten egg white will give a glossy finish.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market