Makes 6 servings
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 lb baby carrot
- 3 lbs new potatoes
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- Marinade chicken in spices and water for 24 hours if you have the time (I did, because I was dying to use my crock-pot).
- Add all remaining ingredients to pot. Top with whole chicken, including spice water.
- *At last hour of cooking, if you have time, you'll want to add more of your favorite chicken spices such as sage, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, poultry seasoning, etc on top of the chicken. Just sprinkle them on top.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, turn down to low for 7 hours. Or cook on low for about 8-9 hours, check for doneness after 8 hours.
- Can be used with chicken pieces.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market