- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp Sugar, divided
- 1 to 2 lbs. Halibut, Walleye, or any firm white fish fillet
- 3/4 cup Thick & Chunky Mild Salsa
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Shredded Asiago Cheese
- 1 to 2 large cloves garlic, pressed or very finely minced.
- Slightly wilt spinach. Layer ½ of the spinach in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 Tbsp sugar over spinach.
- Place fish on the bed of spinach. Evenly cover fish with the salsa.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the fish. Cover fish with remaining spinach. Evenly sprinkle with the remaining sugar and the garlic. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour, covered. Pour off excess liquid and let rest for 5 minutes, uncovered
- Note: Swiss Chard may be substituted for the spinach and you may also use Parmesan or Romano cheese.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market