Recipe can be doubled.
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) small pasta shells or orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives or green onions
- Cook pasta in medium pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta; rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Grate enough lemon peel to measure 1/2 teaspoon. Squeeze enough juice from lemon to measure 1 1/2 tablespoons. Place lemon peel and juice in medium bowl. Whisk in oil.
- Mix in carrot, radishes and chives, then pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 10 minutes to blend flavors.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market