- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 head leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado - pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- Stir together water and sugar in a skillet over medium heat. Add the slivered almonds, toss to coat, and cook and stir until the almonds are brown. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the almonds, lettuce, avocado, orange segments and onion, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, salt, vinegar, mustard and poppy seeds. Pour over the salad mixture and toss to coat.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market